'I shall live an adequate life'

Update on the Alfine 11


So the Alfine 11 put on an adequate display touring between St Ablans and Salzburg in Austria, but on a darling bike path somewhere between Salzburg and Vienna gears 2,3,4,7,8,9 responded to my peddle strokes with a grinding noise and no forward momentum...

Upon my return to England I returned the Alfine 11 hub to Rosebikes (shipping paid for by Rosebikes). After several weeks they had inspected the hub and replaced it for free. I never found out what was wrong with hub but I have the new one laced into my Surly LHT and only time will tell.

I certainly won't be taking it on another trip, I simply didn't have the funds to buy a whole new drive system when I was stranded in Austria and had to return home.

FMA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

About

Blogroll